A blurb on what inspired me to create my artworks and aura painting



Sunday 24 August 2014

New aura painting: MIDIAN (한울)

Second painting part of the series for the Korean band MIDIAN. The piece is the portrait of the charismatic band's bass guitarist Um Hanwool (엄한울).


In the painting I tried to replicate the feeling I had the first time I met the talented musician, that of the richness and warmth of the beautiful red, green and golden colours of an autumn forest at sunset. The finishing touch is unfortunately not showing in the digital format, but the original painting is extremely sparkling as I added an extra gloss coating with the aim to convey the feeling of the golden sunset sun rays coming through the tree leaves. With my delight I have found a photo in internet that may help to envision where the inspiration for the painting idea came from.


MIDIAN (한울)
The autumn forest in the sunset light